Safety tips for dealing safely
General tips for safe use when you are selling and buying
We provide you with safety public guidance that gives you safe use of the elwow.net site:
- Do not give any one your account login information at our site
- Choose a difficult password (6 letters, numbers and punctuation) to ensure your protection
- There is no need for a site to remember your password
- If you noticed that any one knows your password, change it immediately
Please take those steps before communication with the advertiser about the commodity:
- Please, note that the net website does not possess any of the advertisements offered by individuals or companies, so the elwow.net website does not guarantee any of these products and bears no responsibility whatsoever relating to buying or selling such products. For this reason, when buying or selling any of the products offered, describe and define the disadvantages of the product clearly to the buyer
- Do not add your email / mobile in the Ad description field, but add them in the allocated fields
- Search for the market price of the product that you intend to buy and then compare that with the price offered…
- Use common sense if there is a good, product or any advertisement seems markedly cheaper and better irrationally; do not be misled by the exaggerated cheap offers. it is likely to be an attempt of fraud and deceit to extort your money, so we hope you to be careful
- If the price of the product in the advertisement is below the market value illogically, it is possible to be a fraud attempt, so be careful
- If you can, search for the person or company offering the product, if they have good reputation and if they have other products or if the same ad on our website are on other sites
- If you want to buy any product offered, contact the advertiser and ask about him and the product by the best way to you before you meet him, and then if you are assured that the product is real and that it is initially right for you, ask him for the go-and-see place
- If the buyer phoned you from more than one number, or request a relocation of the corresponding go-and-see, stop dealing with it
- If the buyer comes to you with a car, ask him to get out from the car during the product inspection
- You should meet with the seller in public places, like: subway station/Mall/Cafe. Etc., with escorts with you to check out the product yourself and then exchange funds and products together as agreed under your responsibility.
- When you agree on purchasing or leasing, do not make any financial transaction, unless you meet face to face with the person and get the money exchanged hand to hand
- Try to take a selling voucher from the vendor or product warranty paper either expired or not
- It is preferred not to send money or transfer it between sellers or buyers including email conversion or bank or Western Union or use payment services such as PayPal or credit cards. Although these sites could be useful, safe, trickster can use them in a fraudulent way, or even falsification of documents from any company that might seems legitimate for the purpose of deception. Therefore, we recommend you when you check the product and there is agreement between buyer and seller, that money is exchanged hand in hand.
- Do not pay a deposit before closing the deal
- net website does not provide any kind of protection software or means of securing payment on any products or advertisements. Any e-mail messages, ads or sites that promote the existence of these means or ways to secure money exchange through elwow.net site even if the elwow.net logo is visible on them, you must consider them fake and disingenuous, and don’t use those means at all. If you get any e-mail messages or any one contacts you of the members or you found any sites that claims having these services, please contact us and let us know.
- If you suspect the credibility of any ads, or harassment after safety tips, go to the nearest police station, to report exposing a scam, and tell them all the information that can help them to deactivate the reported person account after making the necessary inquiries, so please contact us to prevent phishers and scammers from using our website
- Beware of emails that ask you for details of your elwow.net account or password or that ask you to change the email address without prior request from you, these e-mail messages might be from con men trying to access your account Besides, note that any e-mail messages containing any information about your account will contain a link delivered to you directly to the elwow.net website and you can only log in to your account through the official website.
- Do not give your personal or banking information (such as a credit card number or bank account number) to anyone.
- Please contact us when your exposure to any attempt of fraud or deceit or if you receive any suspicious e-mail messages. If your exposure to fraud or deceit or forgery, please, inform the governmental or legal side and hope you contact us to prevent phishers and scammers from using our website elwow.net.
Tips to avoid fraud in car ads:
- If the price of the car is less than the price of similar cars, this might be a scam, so check the car in the dealership or a certified mechanic and follow the purchase and sale procedures in the presence of witnesses when all supporting papers are present
- If the picture doesn’t match the seller’s location, for example, if you see the sea in ads published in Riyadh, be careful, this may be a scam from someone who doesn’t have a car and then trying to ask you to convert any amounts for prepaid
- Make sure you are fully aware of what is legally required to complete a transfer of ownership of the vehicle.
- Make sure that the car model and the number of kilometers and miles traveled are real and match what is advertised.
- Make sure the proxy and the warranty are not expired if the car is under the warranty period.
- Remember that the best way to ensure the safety of the car is being checked in its maintenance agency.
Tips to avoid fraud in job ads:
- Before applying for any job offered, please do a little research to determine if this is a real job before sending any personal information, or even your resume, and to help you, ask for the following questions and points:
- Did the advertiser disclose the name of the company or the employer name
- If the advertiser did not disclose his name or the company name, this might be a scam, so ask for the name first
- If the company name or the business known and advertised, visit the company’s website on the Internet and check the credibility of the company and its means of communication and if there are already a career jobs as is advertised on the site. Please be careful if there is no website or any information about the company name, this may be a scam
- Check the nature, details and the type of the offered work and the paid amount in return before sending your resume or apply for a job. If this information is not available in the ad, that ad may be misleading and are trying to cheat.
- Does the advertised job look tempting in terms of salary or allowances and compensation significantly? Watch out, this could be a scam so be careful and make sure that the declared information are true before you send any information about you or apply for any job
- Be aware that it is easy to inquire and communicate with any company with credibility and reputation, so communicate with the advertiser and ask any questions before sending your resume and applying for the job and if you note any difficulty in gaining access to the advertiser or refusing to answer your questions, this might be a scam, so avoid this ad immediately.
Tips to avoid fraud in real estate, land, leases and services: *
- When looking for a residential unit, whether for hire or sale, please consider these points to avoid exposure to fraud
- Make sure the fact that the advertised housing unit is present and it belongs already to the advertiser through requesting to send more pictures of internal and external housing unit and check its address on the map or visit the housing unit personally by someone you know with other people to ensure your safety. .
- If you are the advertiser, make sure the caller’s name and identity, and do not allow anyone to see the unit only until ascertaining his official identity and meet him at day in the presence of persons with you to ensure your safety.
- Always ask for more pictures from the owner or real estate agent.
- Ask yourself if the residential unit price is proportional to the price of similar units nearby, if the price was significantly cheaper, this may be a scam
- If the purpose is renting, ask the advertiser for the property documentation and make sure that the supplied name on the lease matches the name on the ownership document.
- Be aware of legal procedures to complete the transfer of ownership, and ownership transfer or hire are advised to be hand in hand in the presence of a real estate office or under any legal umbrella
- Beware of ads that ask you to provide information about age, occupation, income, gender or banking information, the purpose of access to this information can be fraud and swindling.
Deception and fraud attempts scenarios
- You receive suspicious responses from people who saw your ads or suspicious responses from advertisers for products that attract your eye. These responses are usually sent to dozens of people to get members of advertisers who they can circumvent. These responses mostly do not refer specifically to the specific stated purpose for example “I liked your ad, can we communicate? Or I can buy what in offer at a higher price”. So be wary of them. Please contact us when you get suspicious responses
- A person or a website claims facilitating financial transactions and sale, purchase, payment and exchange products processes in cooperation with elwow.net site, this is scam and monument, as www.elwow.net site has no advertisement displayed on the site and bye the way does not help or intervene in Sale and purchase operations, because the responsibility for ensuring the quality of the commodity and exchange of money is the members responsibility, so we recommend the meeting of buyer and seller face to face in a public place and inspect the product professionally and then agree and trade the money hand in hand
- You receive an email from elwow.net site congratulating you for advertisements even though you did not publish any advertisement, so you think that someone are stealing your account on the site, and they ask you to log into your account immediately and change your password and delete any advertisement you do not publish and verify lists of previous ads. The password is stolen by using “phishing”, where scammers send fake e-mail messages look like from the website www.elwow.net , requesting you to log on to a fake site and thus obtain the password. To make sure you don’t fall in these scams, always check the URL of www.elwow.net site
- At the top of the page it is written this way and that is the official title of the site https://www.elwow.net
- You receive an offer from a member offering help to sell the product in your ad for an amount of money, and that is a type of monument where you cannot verify the authenticity of the caller. Therefore, we recommend selling your products and your ads using our website by yourself without resorting to other parties. We recommend you not to deal with any user who contacted you and offered you posting your ads on his Web site or offer to sell your products in Exchange for money or offer any type of freight services or any other such services. The site cannot verify the legitimacy and credibility of other parties and does not offer any of these services and cannot guarantee and adopt them for users, so we do not recommend doing business with these people. If you are harassed from people making these offers, we ask you to contact us and let us know
- You receive a message offering facilitating the transfer of funds to complete the transaction or to transfer the funds to elwow.net account, this is a form of fraud, because www.elwow.net site does not provide any service supporting or facilitating the purchase or sale of any product or ads, so that, buying and selling are the responsibility of buyer and seller without any liability or Guarantees from and on the www.elwow.net website